Is pre-hypertension really a danger or just a warning ?

My BP is consistantly above normal but not way high. Maybe 145/85 on average. Occasionally dipping to normal. My doc says not to worry since I am very healthy otherwise. He said lay off the caffeine and salt. I stopped caffeine but the salt is very hard. Just to add, I am very fit. I exercise 6x per week. So fitness isn t the issue. I think it s my diet. I eat out a lot and salt everything.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
I think your body screams for help. Do not take medication unless necessary, try some sport and diet. Take it easy with the stress and sleep enough every night. No drinks and definitely no smoking. Every food contains already a lot of salt, so do not use it in excess. Coffee tastes good but is not for you. You can taste all I said you should not but limit yourself . Too much is bad. Too little is sad. Good luck.