Is my sugar level high or low?

HALLO I AM 41 MALE WORKING IN SAUDI ARABIA. RECENTLY I CHECK MY BLOOD SUGAR -220.THIS NORMAL OR HIGH?HOW WILL CONTROL MY SUGAR?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Treatment/Therapy
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic mr.nasijain

if u r suffering from type 2 diabetes[non insulin dependent] than you are suffer from metabolic syndrome .you need to change in you life style as well as medicine for control of blood sugar levels but if u want to cure it permanent possible it can also happen with nutrition supplements.we are dealing in nutrition supplements and they are available in india[not in SA].if u come to india you can contact us via mail and we can help you

regards

dr.jagat
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Dear Nasijain. Welcome to healthcaremagic forum.
Your sugar values are above normal... Normal blood sugar values range between 80 to 140mg/dl depending on the fasting state and the time your last meal. Accordingly your values are above normal.
You will need lifestyle modifications and anti diabetic medications along with regular follow up of blood sugars. Life style modifications include sugar free/low fat diet, weight reducing physical exercise, yoga and so on.
Consult a doctor/diabetelogist to obtain the medications and for follow up...
Thanks