Is my sugar level good or bad ?

i am 9 weeks pregnant and i am type 2 diabetis and ny sugar range from 71 to 119 sometimes is that good or bad

Asked On : Fri, 9 Apr 2010
welcome to HCM...,
Thanks....according to your complaint...,
Type 2 diabetic patient have normal range ...
Fasting...before breakfast....could be 60 to normal.....
Post prandial...1and 1/2 hour after Breakfast.....100 to 160..
above these levels treated as ..abnormal...
that too pregnant ...have little bit more than normal is normal...
hence don't fear your blood sugar is quite normal...,
Don't go up...these levels..try to maintain normal levels...
throughout your pregnancy period....,Otherwise it will change your normal foetal growth..
and cause pre eclampsia toxemia and size of the baby.....hence difficult in
delivery partum hemorrhage take care...good luck

To let you know i am 19 and have not yet to become pregnant but my aunt had the same problem as long as you dont go over the extreme with the sugar i think you should be fine the only thing different was her sugar was bad! really bad, in the high 200s and her her baby girl is healthy, im not trying to say that its okay to have high sugar just keep it to a normal amount, and youll be good..

but if you think that its bad just email your doctor for more info..

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.Your sugar levels are alright if they are PP levels but your fasting levels should not cross 100mg%.Make it a point to keep your sugar levels normal throughout your pregnancy as high sugar in first three months may cause foetal organ damage and high sugar in 2nd and 3rd trimester may cause large size child,eclampsia and other complications.Thanks and good luck.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
Your blood sugar is very normal.
With anti diabetic medicine with this blood sugar do not go for strict sugar restriction.
Take some sugar preparation ocassionally.
Ok and bye.
OBGYN Dr. Nilima Ghosh Hajra's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
your blood sugar level as mentioned are within normal limits .you should be under your doctor's care and medicines
blood sugars to be checked regularly .balanced healthy diets should be followed
adequate calori should be taken for pregnancy