Is my son suffering from ADHD , if so then how can it be treated ?

I think my son has ADHD I think my son has ADHD, his teacher has told us that he is very tense in class, blurts out the answer, finds it difficult to focus, and get distracted easily. He is very intelligent but falling behind because of lack of concentration and just not motivated to study. At home i have noticed that he always leaves the table at dinner and i have to end up feeding him by following him around !! he has just turned 7 yrs. He jumps around on the sofa a lot despite being told all the time not to do that. He talks a lot sometimes about things that are not so important. He does not listen until i raise my voice or give him warnings of punishment. Simple things like getting him to wash his hands can take 10 mins. He concentrates on tasks he enjoys like lego he can spend the whole day doing lego, playing on computer games and Wii. please advise if you think there is a problem.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012