Is masturbating dangerous to health ?

Doctor , i am charan and i am 18 years old and i am short ie i am 5 3 tall i use to maturbate daily.But from my friends i got an information that masturbating is dangerous and i stopped masturbating daily, only once for 6or 7 months i masturbate,is masturbating even once for 6 or 7 months also dangerous.I have a doubt that:-Will musturbation decrease my height or stops my growth? is masturbation dangerous to my health?please clarify my doubt doctor.Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Apr 2011
Charan,

Masturbation is a normal process in sexual development. It can be healthy if done without unnecessary guilt and anxiety. Masturbation does not decrease height and it does not stop growth. Most people who masturbate frequently (even more than once a day) stay healthy. Masturbation can become a problem when a person does it more times or more vigorously than can be bearable for the body.

Hope this helps you.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD