Is laser surgery effective in removing acne scars ?

i have acne scar problem sir i m now so ugly. can i do laser scar surgery sir
Asked On : Mon, 5 Mar 2012

Thanks for choosing HCM..,

Acne scar......Which type of acne scar, U have..,

Is it Atrophic or Hypertrophic...,

According only we can give treatment...,

For Scar reduction....

so many procedures are available..,

1) Microdermabrasion.....

2) Chemical peels...,

3) 2 types...

A ) ABLATIVE LASERS.. literally remove the outer layers of the skin, burning away scar tissue and stimulating the dermal collagen to tighten, reducing the amount of scar visibility. The ultrapulsed carbon dioxide laser and erbium YAG laser are most frequently used in laser resurfacing.

B) NON-ABLATIVE LASERS.. trigger changes within the dermis without injuring the epidermis. They are the "lunchtime" form of laser therapy. Smoothbeam is the newest FDA approved laser for this treatment. Smoothbeam targets and heats the sebaceous gland, helping reduce sebum and acne formation. Heating the collagen helps tighten the dermis, resulting in less visible scarring.,

C) .Another option is the yellow pulse dye laser. The yellow light laser also helps treat keloidal scars, flattening and reducing redness as well as helping control itching of the raised scar.

4) So consult good dermatologist..he can guide U ... ok...good luck
Dermatologist Dr. Udhay Sidhu's  Response

Acne scars are a very common cosmetic problem.
Here are a few options :

1. Fractional laser - works very well, you might require 4 sittings at a gap of a month

2. Microdermabrasion

These can be combined with a procedure known as subscion.
I will advise you to meet a well trained cosmetic dermatologist who will assess the kind of scars you have and suggest the treatment.
Also it is very important that you do not squeeze and new pimples that come as they will also tend to scar.

Please let me know if you have any futher queries.