Is lack of concentration or hearing disability or depression which is leading to social isolation?

Hi , I was diagnosed hearing impaired when I was years old but i have threw away my hearing aid since I was 10 years since it wasn t compatible with my hearing loss also i hear too loud voices and annoying noise i was unable to detect the words or make out of what people say . Until my university stage when I faced failure for the first time in my life i suffered of depression after failing first year . nevertheless I kept failing successively for 4 years till i recovered from depression last year after strenuous efforts to get out of it meanwhile I bought new hearing aids Now i am feeling really better and i don t suffer of amnesia or emotional unstability and fatigue But i find some difficulties in studying . I find it hard to assimilate the information or think critically about an issue unless i should do extreme efforts to make out of it also that takes long time ( days , months) to get the puzzle pieces recollected together my question is : is that the problem of concentration and ability to assimilate and think critically linked to my social isolation due to my hearing disability or it is lingering effects of depression ? Now im in last year and i am longing for graduate this year .. thank you for the effort you make to help people to overcome the depression :)
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012