Is it true that long hair doesn't allow height ?

my hair is extremely long but people say long hair dosent allow height , i m 14years old female my parents heights r 5 2 and 5 1 Will i be able to gain height or should i cut down my hair ?????
Asked On : Sat, 26 Mar 2011
length of hairs & height have no relation at all,forget it & don`t trim /sacrifice your hairs for false belief about height .As your still 14 there are chances your height may increase.Start playing basket ball.A game known for helping in gaining height at your age. Disclaimer
General & Family Physician Dr. Tina Jacob Das's  Response
Wecome to HealthcareMagic.Having long hair, does not allow you to grow tall is probably a falacy. And since you are just 14, so unless hereditary factors do not hinder, and you are having proper nutrition, you should be attaining your normal height, A short hair or long one hardly matters. So cheer up and you can take pride in your long hair.