Is it safe to use Pataday eye drops and Betnesol-N ointment in children for a long time ?

My daughter is just 3years old. She has been suffering with Allergic conjunctivitis for last one year. Initially steroid were given for 2-3 months but that didn’t cure the disease then doctors have been using medicines Tears natural and Pataday for more than six months now. She also has a problem of sticy eyes in the problem. Is it safe to use Pataday for long time ? How long allergic conjunctivitis can remain ? Doctor has advised to use Betnesol-N by diluting it in 1:2 ratio ( 1 part medicine and 2 part sterile water) and we are using same. Is it safe to use Betnesol -N and for how long I can use it ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011