Is it safe to use Neo-penotran if I suspected to be pregnant ?

Is it safe to use Neo-penotran if I suspected to be pregnant? Hi, I m 37 years old, 5 3 , 115 lbs. I consulted to an OB Gynecologist last wednesday for routine pap smear when she told me I have cervicitis and prescribed me neo-penotran nightly for 7 days. I have a feelings or I m suspecting that I m pregnant. I asked my doctor if it is safe to use neopenotran even if I suspeted that I might be pregnant and she said yes it is safe but to be sure I can delay the treatment until I got my menstruation. But I still inserted one suppository last wednesday night and then yesterday I read from internet that neopenotran is contraindicated to first trimester pregnancy so I discontinued the medication. I am worried right now, what will happen to my infection? And if I m pregnant will it affect the zygote inside me? Please help.Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jul 2011