Is it safe to travel by train in the final trimester of pregnancy?

hello,im 5 month and 3 weeks pregnant....after a week i have to travel by train to my village that is of 16hrs distance.....but my real concern is that i will return after 2 months....that means i will be in the begining of 9th month of it safe to travel by train at 9th month?....i am going to ask my doc...but i just want to confirm it from diffrent sources....till now my reports are normal but i don t want to take any kind of risk for my i had planned a lot for this...please help.... thnx..
Asked On : Fri, 30 Nov 2012
Thanks for your query,
Travelling should be ideally avoided during pregnancy especially in first trimester and toward late third trimester.
However if it is really necessary , then travelling by train is better than other routes.
So take care and best of luck..
Hope it helps you..
OBGYN Dr. Mamta Mishra's  Response
It is safe to travel in the second trimestor of pregnancy. But it is difficult to predict your condition during last trimester.