Is it safe to travel by rail during pregnancy ?

Hi Doctor , I am 24yrs now. I am now 3 months pregnant , nearly in my 14th week. I want to travel by train during my 15-16th week.8 hr travel. During my 2nd month, i hav bleeding fr just 2 days.Now i feel perfectly ok in all aspects.But my weight is not increasing much. Doctor told that abdoment is closed now and advised to have mild travel.Is it safe to travel 8 hrs by train now?Will it cause any problem to my child or me?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Aug 2011
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your doctor has advised right. Bumpy long journeys can cause miscarriage. It is better to avoid such journeys. You should avoid much movement. Get your ultrasound evaluation of your pregnancy before travel and get it read by your Doctor as well. If there is no contraindication, you may go on the journey.
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, you should avoid travelling during first 3month n last 3 month as during that period there is more chance of complications. you can travell 12 wk to 24th wk. this is safe for treavelling if you have no other pregnancy related complication.