Is it safe to take tramadol ?

I have been taking lithium and seroquel, 400mg daily each.. Is it safe to take tramadol, which was earlier prescribed for migranes..?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Feb 2010
HI darren.

THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTION.

YOU ARE A KNOWN BIPOLAR TAKING LITHIUM AND SEROQUEL AMONG IT YOU CAN TAKE TRAMADOL FOR HEADACHE WITHOUT ANY HARM.
BUT NOWADAYS TRAMADOL NOT USED IN MIGRAINE AS IT IS A OPIUM GROUP OF DRUG HAVING ADDICTION POTENTIAL SO IF YOU USE IT YOU BECAME ADDICTED SO BETTER FOR YOU TO CONSULT A NEUROLOGIST OR PSYCHIATRIST TO DIAGNOSE THE CAUSE OF YOUR HEADACHE-MIGRAINE/CLUSTER/TENSION TYPE OF HEADACHE THEN HE WILL PRESCRIBE THE DRUGS IF YOU HAVE MIGRAINE THEN HE WILL SURELY GIVE YOU SOME DRUG FOR PROPHYLAXIS AND SOME DRUGS FOR IMMEDIATE PAIN MANAGEMENT SO PLEASE TRY TO AVOID TRAMADOL FOR MIGRAINE IN THIS 21 ST CENTURY.

BEST WISHES

DR SOURAV GANGULY
The tablets u r taking cause drowsiness and r mood stablister and antipyschotic tramdol is morphine salts so together it not a good choice just take plain partcetomal and drink lots of water x
  Anonymous's Response

No do not take such medicines with out asking yoru doctor. i had tramadol for my stomach ache and i landed in emergency and i had to pay 850 bucks at the emergency. hence i do not play with medicines any more.