Is it safe to take regestrone to postpone periods. Any side effects?

Hi, I am 29 years old female, India. I have been written a prescription for Regesterone to take 1 daily starting from July 25 as my periods start between 29th and 30th. I would like to postpone my periods for at least 8-10 days. I would like to know is it safe to take Regesterone 1 daily at a low dose and can i continue to take it for 8-10 days. I am worried about the actual side effects as I am getting married on 30th.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
its perfectly fine to take regesterone in prescribed dosage and it will delay your periods.
the only problem it can cause is slight derangement of periods in next cycle but that will revert back to normal eventually.
In case you have further questions you can consult me on health care magic forum and i will be happy to help
Take care and wish you all the best.
Dr Manisha Jain.