Is it safe to take Unwanted 72 every time I have sex ?

i mm 34 yr old, how much safe it it too take unwanted 72 if i had sex once in a month?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Unwanted72 is an emergency contraception and is not safe to be used every month as it it is an hormonal pill. It can disturb your menstrual cycle if taken frequently.If you have sex only once a month a barrier contraceptive like a condom will be the most safe as it will also protect you against infections.
Thank you
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Unwanted 72 is a progesterone hormonal pill and is used and designed as a emergency contraceptive so when you have sex and if you take it in 12 and 24 hours with in 4-8 days you get periods.So if you use it once a month there can be problems like disturbances in periods;untimely bleeding etc.So if you want you can take once but if you have regular sex or more than once then it will be better to use the daily pill so that you get protection from unwanted pregnancy as well as it will help you maintain your periods regular.