Is it safe to take 50 mg of zinc everyday? Using it for oily skin

Is it safe to take 50 mg of zinc everyday? Ok, so I have issues about oily skin and i ve read that zinc could help decreasing oily skin. I bought a zinc supplement with a dose of 50mg/tablet. My question is, is it safe to take 50 mg of zinc everyday? Or do i have to take it every other day? or is it fine if i will cut the tablet into half?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
HI ,YES IT IS SAFE TO USE ZINC 50 MG DAILY ,BUT HOW FAR IT CONTROLS THE OILY SKIN IS DOUBTFUL.INSTEAD YOU CAN USE ISOTRETINION 10 MG DAILY ONCE TO DECREASE THE OILYNESS WHICH IS BETTER THAN ZINC.ZINC SHOULD BE USED FOR MINUMUM 6-8 MONTHS TO DECREASE OILINESS THAT TOO TO A MINIMAL EXTENT .