Is it safe to have sex as my placenta is on the anterior side covering the canal ?

hello doctor ,i am 26 yrs old,157cm,63kg.its my 11th week nw.during my 7th week my us scan said placenta on the anterior side covering the canal.wil that lead to any major problems later?is it safe to have sex nw?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for query.I do not see any reason to worry.just exercise some caution.In most of the cases the placenta will migrate and shift upwards.Keep regular follow up with your doctor.Please avoid sex at present as this can lead to problems like bleeding at times.bye.