Is it safe to give a 9 month old baby soya milk instead of other types of milk ?

Hi I would like to know if it is safe to give a 9 month old baby soya milk instead of other types of milk Baby has been wheezy since about 2 months old. Also developed a cough several weeks ago that would not abate. Also projectile vomiting after feeds. Taken to a doctor who has said they cannot determine if it could be child hood asthma until child reaches 2 years old. He was prescribed a 1 week course of steroids for the wheeze and cough. This made no difference. We put him on soya milk for the past week or so. The cough has virtually gone and the vomiting has stopped. The wheeze has abated substantially. When he was taken to his nursery yesterday the owner of the nursery told my Daughter that the baby should not be on soya milk without medical advice. Is this true and are there dangers associated with soya milk. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013