Is it safe to consume king fish during pregnancy or not ?

Doctor , I am 15 weeks pregnant . I have query about consuming fish during pregnancy . I had King fish about 2 to 4 times in last 3 months. Is it safe to consume king fish during pregnancy or not? As I have already consumed it, I m nervous now about my unborn baby s health. Please help me.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Feb 2011
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Fish that contains high levels of mercury should be avoided.Mercury consumption during pregnancy may lead to developmental defects and brain damage.These type of fish include-shark,swordfish,king mackaerel.Tuna contains less amount but should be taken in moderation.Avoid fish from local lakes and streams like salmon,blue fish ,pike.Visit your gynaecologist once.
General & Family Physician Dr. Prahlad S. Patki's  Response
Thanks for the query. Hygenic fish is definitely good during pregnancy. It should be clean and cooked well. Fish has certain ingredients which are good for health and neurological development of the fetus too. It also helps to increase good cholesterol , provides you nutrition etc.
But be sure , it is clean and well cooked. Happy eating and best wishes.