Is it safe for a 12 year old epileptic to take Potrate MB6 tablets for avoiding formation of kidney stones ?

My 12 year old daughter is suffering from epilepsy since last 5 years. Since she was not responding to medicines, she has been put on Ketogenic Diet since last 6 months. The treatment, though very difficult to administer, seems to be giving encouraging results. Her diet mainly consists of fat and proteins with very limited quantities of carbohydrates . Her doctor has now advised to give her Potrate MB6 tablets twice a day. This has been done to avoid kidney stone formation. I want to know is it safe to take this drug and is the dosage correct? She has no past history of kidney stones .
Asked On : Thu, 16 Feb 2012