Is it possible to treat Maniac Bipolar disorder by hospitalizing the patient without medicine ?

Is it possible to treat Maniac Bipolar disorder by hospitalizng the patient as he is not ready to take medicine.?.. My father,54 yrs of age is having mental disorder called as bipolar disorder.. Now a days his aggression stage has started and he is not taking medicines and getting violent and aggressive day by day.. Can i give him treatment by hospitalizing him., as he is not ready to take the medicines..pls answer. Its getting terrible for us to bear and remain calm and cool........
Asked On : Mon, 21 Mar 2011