Is it possible to see a dominant follicle in the luteal phase ?

Hi, I went for a transvaginal ultrasound last 24th April 2010 and the the sonologist impression was: normal sized anteverted uterus with a thickened endometrial stripe (early proliferative phase pattern). Normal ovaries ultrasonically with a dominant follicle in the left ovary . Negative adnexae. I had my last period on 9th April, so april 24th was 16th day of my cycle. I was just having trouble understanding because as far as i can understand, day 16 could have been part of lmy ate proliferative stage or early luteal phase. Also, is it possible to see a dominant follicle in the luteal phase? please enlighten me. :) thanks a million.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Feb 2011