Is it possible to lower blood pressure without medication?

How can my dad lower his blood pressure without taking drugs? How can my dad lower his blood pressure without taking drugs?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Dec 2009
With his diet. Talk to Dr, about what foods help lower bp.
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
One should try at all to reduce HBP if it is moderate to severe. In border line cases
change life style may provide some benefit, but you are not sure of getting benifit.
Salt restriction in diet, avoiding fatty and high calori diet, remaninig steress free,
good sleep, regular exercdise, yoga etc may give you some benifit. Thanks
  Anonymous's Response
this is very good question

u kkow very intrusting thing in B.P. is nonpharmacolgical means
1 wt loss
2stop smoking
3 reduce stress
4 low salt diet
5 low fat diet
6 daily exercise ..... in most of the cases no need of medicine(in public intrust)