Is it possible to have my feet narrowed ?

I have really wide feet, about 4 inches across i think. I cannot fit them into any fancy shoes at the store. If I m lucky I can get them into wide tennis shoes but it takes a while for them to stretch and feel comfortable. It s really depressing. I am wondering if it is possible to have my feet narrowed. What is the general cost ?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Jul 2010

What is your age and gender? The ability to modify the shape of the feet depends on the extent of ossification that has taken place. The best treatment after maturity is surgical only. The cost of treatment depends on the extent of correction required and the procedure that needs to be undertaken.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Why do you want to make your feet narrow.I think you want them to be narrow to make them fit into fancy shoes available in the market.They can't be narrowed.Get your shoes made on order.Good luck.
Put them in a vice