Is it possible to have a miscarriage in 3-4 weeks of pregnancy ?

Is it possible for a miscarriage to end so fast on its own 26 yrs Old.. Was told on the 7th of January by my doc that i am pregnant around 3-4 weeks. On the 12th i was experiencing mild cramping and some blood so went back to see my doctor. She did a ultrasound and inform me that i was having a miscarriage as my uterus is much smaller that when she measured it on the 7th. The 12th i have a blood clot, 13-16 just regular blood like period. on 17th no bleeding at.. Is it possible for a miscarriage to end so fast on its own, only 4 days of bleeding which was not so heavy?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Jan 2011