Is it possible to have a heart attack if there is only mild chest discomfort ?

Is it possible to have a heart attack if there is only mild chest dicomfort? Over the last coulple weeks I have had some mild chest discomfort. It would come and go throughout the day. I have taken my blood pressure and I am anywhere between like 117/76 - 185/89 throughout the day but my pulse has been elevated even at rest. 83-101 Normally I am at 70-77 ** I fugured it was my lack of sleep from work. I get anywhere between an hour and about 5 hours of sleep a day lately. Ah sorry heres the details: I am 34, previously active but very stagnant since wife and I had baby...for about 9 months. I don t smoke, I dont drink and I dont do drugs. About 60lbs overweight now. I haven t been eating very well. History of heart disease at later ages in my family...over 55.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009