Is it possible to have a concussion with normal pupil sizes and responses?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Oct 2010
Endocrinologist 's  Response
I agree with Dr. Prasad. concussion doesnt cause change in pupil size. if pupillary defects are present after trauma it is something more sinister and a CT would be required.
General & Family Physician Dr. Prasad's  Response
Hi cbcfoxracer,
Welcome to healthcaremagic community forum.
It has been a while since you had posted this query and I think you probably may have got your answer.
If not, well, concussion can present with normal pupil size and response. An abnormal pupillary size and response indicate a severe brain trauma with raised intracerebral pressure.