Is it possible to get pregnant while period?

can you get pregnant when having sex while on your period? im 20 and my partner wanted to have sex one the day i got my period. it was quiet heavy and we normally only do it near the end menstration! i did it in the shower with him, and he blew inside me alot! can i b pregnant and what r the chances? Low or high?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Mar 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. It is almost impossible to become pregnant as a result of unprotected intercourse on the day of active periods.. But there are higher chances of transmitting infection from sexual intercourse during periods.. So if infections are ruled out, then do not concern on these issues...

Cardiac Surgeon Dr. Chander Mohan Mittal's  Response
it is considered safe to have sex while having periods considering the chances of getting pregnant are very less. the chances of pregnancy are ther if you have sex from 6th day onwards from the day of start of your periods.
Hello Amun,
Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
During periods, the chances of pregnancy are comparatively lower at the onset of a woman’s period and increase just after her periods. The truth is that there is no predictable time during the month when the risk of pregnancy can be said to be absent..
I hope I have answered your question