Is it possible to get pregnant by semen accidentally entering vagina and not penetration ?

I need some professional advice on the problem I am facing.My situation is like this: I have ended up in unplanned sex.My female partner is a virgin and there was no penetration. So it was not sex in the truest form . But there was ejaculation near the vagina(not in the vagina). I am not sure whether semen has entered the vagina or not. My question is simple: Under such circumstances, if by any chance semen has entered the vagina, is it possible for her to get pregnant? She has taken an i- pill within 48 hours. Are there any other measures that can be taken?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
Technically speaking, pregnancy is possible if semen has entered the vaginal canal.
Sometimes , in virgins also, the hymen might have ruptured due to other causes ( exercise, cycling, masturbation ), and if seminal fluid enters the vagina, there is always theoretically a chance of pregnancy.
The chances are maximized if this occured around the dates of ovulation ( Day 10 to Day 16 ) of her menstrual cycle, if her periods are regular.
You should always go for protected sexual intercourse in the future.
Taking an I- pill within 48 hours significantly reduces her chances of pregnancy, it is the maximum that you can do right now.
Avoid unprotected sex in future, and wait for her next period.
In case she skips it, please perform a Urine Pregnancy Test ( HCG ) at the earliest to rule out pregnancy.
Best of luck.