Is it possible to get pregnant after 2 years ?

Hi,I got abortion 8 months ago. Due to personal reasons I want to postpone for 2 years. Is it possible to get pregnant after 2 years ?
Asked On : Thu, 25 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response
I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage in December and had to have a surgical procedure to remove the fetus in early January. My partner and I would like to try for a baby again as soon as possible, I am over 36 years old. How safe is to try straight away? I've read the it might take longer after "abortion" to become pregnant. I'm also worried that, although I've had my first period back and everything seemed fine, my stool is still very dark. Is it normal, or could this be an internal bleeding still from the time of the "abortion"? I take preconception pregnancy vitamins but no other medication. Thank you.
  Anonymous's Response

If there is not uterine scarring or any other problem happened due to the abortion that you did, you can get pregnant. Continue to follow birth control measures. and take well balanced diet. Start prenatal vitamins before planning for pregnancy.

General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Yes you can plan your pregnancy.The important thing is to find out the reason for abortion,so that it does not happen again.After that investigations are over,use some form of contraceptive to avoid pregnancy till next 2 years.When ever your plan to get pregnant,please stop using any contraceptive 3 months before trying for pregnancy.
wishing you good health.