Is it possible to get information on clinical utilities of surface electromyography ?

We are final year students from School Of Engineering, Bangalore working on a project on ’surface Electromyography (sEMG) signal analysis’ as a part of final year curriculum. Our primary focus in this project is on Clinical utilities of sEMG, for which we have noted down the following parameters which could be used for diagnostic purposes. 1) Integrated EMG (Envelop of the sEMG waveform) 2) Amplitude parameters : Peak Amplitude(in V),Mean Amplitude(in V),Median Amplitude(in V) 3) Time to peak value(in sec) 4) Total power 5) Slope 6) Frequency Domain parameters: Power Spectral Densities, Median, Mode frequency(in Hz) 7) Power contributions from different frequencies We kindly request you to help us understand the biological significance of these parameters, and also find out if there are any other parameters or analysis techniques which would help in diagnosis .
Asked On : Thu, 16 Feb 2012