Is it possible to develop diabetes from consuming too much sugar or junk food?

Is it possible to develop diabetes from consuming too much sugar?
if so, can it go away by lowering your sugar intake? no, i am not overweight at all, i am a perfect weight for my height and age, but my mom always has a big stock of snacks in the house and i eat a lot of junk food, but lateley at the doctor office, their is a lot of protein in my urine tests and my doctor said there is a chance i have diabetes and i am suppossed to go in for another test soon.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009