Is it possible to abort 7 weeks pregnancy?

can it be possible to abort 7 week foetus
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Hi,thanks for query.It is medically possible to abort 7 weeks of pregnancy.Different countries have different rules for medical termination of pregnancy,so please talk to your doctor and with his help proceed further.If law permits this can be done .bye.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Your Gynaecologist can suggest various methods to Medical Termination of Pregnancy. Medical methods include use of Levonorgestrel tablets as recommended by your Doctor for a 7 week foetus. Ideally an Ultrasound needs to be done before the MTP started.

what should be dose of mifepristone and misopristol to administer for effective abortion?
Hey, This may be better discussed with your Gynaecologist because there may be complications with dosage and hence the patient needs to be monitored after medication.
OBGYN Dr. Minoo Bhagia's  Response
Yes it is possible to abort 7 weeks foetus considering what are the indications of MTP , Is that caused by contraceptive failure or are you a lactating mother ?
MTP is safe medically if you are 30 days overdue otherwise it may cause excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion.Suction evacuation along with the use of misoprostol tablets will be better.It is better to consult your gynaec, she will get your investigations done like haemoglobin , bloog group , BT, CT and ultrasound and safely abort it if she feels like.