Is it possible that triglyceride levels got elevated due to consumption of alcohol before testing?

I had a high tryglyceride count (300) last blood check. Everything else was normal and I had a full panel. I do not have hypertension , but I am overweight and I do drink alcohol. My doctor advised me to avoid fatty foods. Is it also possible that my tryglycerides were elevated if I consumed alcohol the evening before the fasting blood test? In reading online I see that alcohol can be a contributing factor to elevated numbers. Should I be worried about a heart attack? I am 41 years old and on hormone replacement therapy . Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012