Is it possible that a sore throat could cause an elevated level of platelets ?

I went to my doctor last week complaining of a sore throat . I had the sore throat on and off for close to 2 months. I was prescribed Clavamel, Calvapen and Suprax all over the 2 months, the latest being Suprax. So when I went to he last wee she took a Blood Test to rule our Glandular Fever . A letter came today saying my Platelets were elevate at 452 but that the rest of the results we all in range. Looking on the internet I have become worried at what this could mean. Is it possible that a sore throat could cause an elevated level of platelets or could this be more serious. I have been requested to take another test in a month .
Asked On : Tue, 31 Aug 2010