Is it possible for genital herpes to genetically pass to an unborn child?

Can genital herpes be hereditary? Is it possible for a mother or father to pass genital herpes to a baby geneticaly whether s/he knows s/he has it or not or with/without mother having had a recent out break during her pregnancy? I m not asking about giving birth while you have an outbreak because I know that is dangerous for the baby. I m trying to figure out if it is possible that a parent can geneticaly pass the virus to an unborn child at conception . Is it genetic and can you be born with it and not know till you have an outbreak tests positive for it or you get a blood test that comes back positive? Also is it possible for an outbreak of genital herpes to test negetive for the virus and be passed off as just a common skin rash?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013