Is it possible for a Ab+ve to get married to B-ve ?

halo doc my blood group is ab+ and the whom im going to marry has b-ve blood group so can v go for marriage.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Hello Jatin;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The marriage between the positive and the negative does not affect the couple but it can cause problem to the female if she is negative and gets pregnant and the blood group of the child is positive and in such cases after delivery the female needs to take a injection of Anti-D to prevent the formation of Rh antibodies thats it otherwise there are not many problems.So you can get married.
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Since you are marrying negative blood group girl there is chance of problem in pregnancy and baby if the baby is positive blood group.. First baby may not be affected by second has higher chance of severe anaemia and body swelling along with mortality. When she gets pregnant during delivery of 1st baby the Doctor will give injection to ensure 2nd baby will be safe.
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Blood group Rh incompatibility is posible if female is rh -neg n givs birth to baby who is rh +.the risk is more insecond child but now that is preventable with Anti D treatment . Plus ther is no risk if baby gets mothrs blood grp. So go ahead n have a happy married life.