Is it ok to take duphalac syrup during pregnancy for constipation ?

Hello Doctor .. Im 28 yrs female, 14 weeks pregnant now. Im facing constipation problem nowdays and taking Duphalac (Lactulose Solution USP) syrup. Please tell me it is safe taking this syrup till my delivery. But Im taking this Duphulac syrup 4 (or) 5 days once only (trying to avoid taking it daily, otherwise it will be habituated). But Motion is coming out in very dark color. Please tell me there is any problem if so. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Aug 2011