Is it ok to have sex while you are on your period?

Help! Is it ok to have sex while your on your period ?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
A: It is absolutely safe to have sex during your period, provided that you don't use this time as a free pass to have unprotected sex. The myth that sex during your period is dangerous originates largely from religious texts. Scientifically, however, there is no reason not to have sex during your period. In fact, sex while you are menstruating can help ease the symptoms of PMS if you achieve orgasm. An orgasm releases endorphins, natural painkillers and mood enhancers, which can help with the cramps, headaches, mild depression, and irritability sometimes associated with periods. Also, many women enjoy sex more when they are menstruating because of increased feelings of fullness in the pelvic and genital areas, which give you a head start on arousal. There is one caveat, though: Safe sex is even more crucial during your period. A woman's risk of sexually transmitted disease and infection is higher than normal during this time because the cervix opens to allow blood to pass through. Unfortunately, this creates the perfect pathway for bacteria to travel deep inside the pelvic cavity. A woman is also more likely to pass on blood-borne diseases like HIV and hepatitis to a partner during her period, and she's more likely to develop yeast or bacterial infections because the vagina's pH during menstruation is less acidic. Finally, there is still a chance that you could get pregnant during your period (unless you're on the pill), so don't assume it's safe to forgo contraception

can you help me with my problem? actually me and my boyfriend had sex during my 5th day of mens.i'm not sure if he ejaculated it inside because the condom snaps. but when i got home blood comes out of me. is it possible for me to get pregnant?

please help..