Is it ok to have many extra heartbeats on a daily basis ?

I have extra heart beats, the doctor said to ignore them. I have them everyday between 25-50 times. Should I? take my doctors advice and ignore them or should I pursue a second opinion? I have a baby on the way and I don t want to leave my family to fend for themselves in this world. Is it ok to have that many extra heartbeats on a daily basis? I m 26, male, 145 lbs, 5 8. I don t smoke or drink.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Dec 2009
If the only 'symptom' you have are the 'extra' heart beats, then you should ignore them. If you feel dizzy or light headed, a heavy pressure (like an elephant) on your chest, pain in your left arm or neck, or nausea, then you should see a doctor in the ER immediately. Right now, with your woman pregnant, you are under a lot of stress, and if you pay attention to these extra heart beats, they'll only increase. I suggest that you listen to some soft and soothing music, don't drink any caffeine, have either iced or hot herbal tea, especially with chamomile, lavender, spearmint or anything with 'calming' in the name, and simply 'chill out' and calm down when you feel them. Yes, it's okay to have that many extra heartbeats per day, especially when you are under stress ... it is not 'normal' to count or keep track of them, because that can actually make them more frequent. I seriously doubt that you are 'hearing' or 'feeling' your heart beating (usually something a person can do only when trying to be 'silent' but under a great deal of stress, usually life threatening), but you are noticing something that 'feels wrong.' Your doctor may want you to see a therapist if this continues for more than 6 weeks. All that is truly happening is that you are 'stressed out' and you do need to calm yourself down and do so in a way that doesn't concentrate on your heart. You're fine, it's normal. Now put on some calming music and drink a cup of tea and think of that woman of yours and the beautiful baby she's carrying for you and imagine wonderful things, like teaching your child to push a ball back to you, to catch and throw a ball with you, or to simply watch and listen as that baby smiles at you and says the word 'dada' for the first time.