Is it normal to remove cervix during hysterectomy in case of prolapsed uterus ?

Hi i am 31 never had children. just found out i have polymoid endrometrium and a prolapsed uterus. yes i no its rare but i have no children and a prolapsed uterus due to the polypoid endrometrium and a mix of lifting 2 25k sack at a time at work and suffering bouts of consipation since a child. Have been told suitable for vaginal hysterectomy which is what i want. but now i am stuck. got 2 wait 8 weeks till i c gyn. When i have the hysterectomy do i keep my cervix or have it removed. i no i wil loose ovaries as pcos and non pcos cysts on them but unsure what to do about my cervix.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011