Is it normal to have urine routine epithelial cells ?

My urine routine is as follows.Pus cells :OCC Epithelial cells : 6-8/HPF.what does this mean?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Feb 2010
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The reports are normal.. If you can mention why the test were done, I mean what were your symptoms I can be able to give you a better picture..

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. Size and shape of the cells often indicate the site of origin but otherwise they are not of much significance.
2. most common cause for presence of epithelial cells is improper collection of urine, i.e. contamination of sterile urine.
3. If the sample was sterile and again during subsequent test,epithelial cells are found in sample,than further testing has to be done.
4.The Excretory system (ureter,bladder,urethra) all are lined with epithelial tissues and constantly slough themselves to be replaced with new one, and these sloughed up cells comes in urine and are excreted.
5. If epithelial cells are found in abundance make sure Nephrotic syndrome or severe urinary tract infection is kept in mind.

Homeopath Dr. Anshita Singh Rathore's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic forum

The report is normal. Occasional pus cells indicate nothing. Upto 7 pus cells are okey.

For further enquires-
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
mild urine tract infection
try syr.neeri 10ml thrice a day in half glass of water for 7 days
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Epithelial cells may increase as method of collection of samples and some medicines. In case of pus cells more than 5 are taken as the case of infection then need of strong antibiotics therapy. Urine alkalyser like Neeri is very effective
take care
hello doc,

My Urine RE test said Epithelial cells 8-12 HPF. is this still normal? your advise please...

Hello Doctor,

My Urine RE test said Epithelial cells 1-2 HPF.  Just routine check.  Your advise, please.

I am 10 weeks pregnant now.

For morning sickness I could not drink much water through my first 8 weeks of pregnancy.
I did a urine analysis at 8 weeks time. My pus cells were 20-25 HPF, epithelial cells were 10-12/HPF, Leukocytes (++).

I took Amoxicillin for 7 days 3 times each day.

Now after 10 weeks I did another urine analysis.
Now my pus cells uncountable, epithelial cells 20-25 /HPF, Leukocytes (+++).

recently I have a lower abdomen pain that spreads to the leg area.

can you help me what is my problem?