Is it normal to have underdeveloped genetalia and does it interfere in pregnancy ?

I am a 34 year old woman.( I was a preemie) I have 2 daughters(full term) and both were born with underdeveloped genitalia. My question is: will this be a problem in the future. for them as far as being able to conceive . I have similar issues myself. However I do not know to what extent with my children. Is there a name for this sort of thing. I myself was obviously able to concieve and deliver,I did however suffer serious tears to the vaginal walls. I still also have issues with tampons sexual intercourse . I do not like to talk about these issues. I just want to know for my girls. Also does this run in families
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011