Is it normal to have spotting and also my period is not heavy as it used to be ?

On 22 January, I didnt exactly made love with my boyfriend but we just felt each other then i had periods on the 26th January and now i had spotting last week with pinkish and sometime brown blood which was only coming when i used to wipe using tissue paper, i got scared and did preganancy test as well and it came negative..and now i am down for the past 2 days it s not as heavy it used to be but it s flowing. Please let me know if my situation looks normal?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
If your pregnancy test is negative,then the spotting you had could have been mid cycle ovulation bleeding.If your preg test was negative you dont have to worry about miscarriage.Your periods were just delayed.