Is it normal to have severe pressure on the vagina during menstruation ?

Is it normal to have severe pressure on the vagina during menstration along with cramps that feel more like labor contractions? I have never had this happen before. My husband stay foreign and came home for a 2wk visit in the beginning of Sept, my IUD came out during that time. I have taken multiple hpt and all were negative. I have not had an actual period since Aug 12th. I started my period yesterday. I also had a blood pregnancy test last wk that also came back negative. I am passing very large scary clots. What is going on this is kind of scaring me and I havent had this much pain since I gave birth to my son 10 months ago.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Nov 2010