Is it normal to have painful period after temporary discontinuation of qlaira ?

have been using qlaira for two months now for heavy and painful periods,at end of 1st pack period took 7weeks to arrive and now this period has gone on for 10 days and is painful once again,is this normal,i am 49yrs old
Asked On : Wed, 7 Sep 2011
Welcom karen
These are birth control pills, after one pack is over bleeding should come within 7 days, in your case it was 7 weeks!!! abnormal. please consult your prescriber doctor, he may change the drug or help you explain why need to continue it.
I hope I answered your query. Wish you good health.