Is it normal to have irregular periods 12 weeks after having a baby ?

Hi there, Okay, my son was born a lil after 3 months ago. I bled for about 4 weeks or so post spouse and I waited about 6 weeks or maybe a little longer before we had sex again for the first time. Then I had a period (or so I thought) about 6 - 7 weeks post partum and it lasted about a week. That was about 5 weeks ago. We have continued to have sex, and a couple of times we did not have protection but he did pull out method..and it has worked in the past. We havent done it too many times though. Q: Is it normal to have irregular periods 12 weeks after having a baby ? Could I be pregnant again ? Should I wait any longer for my period ?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Aug 2010