Is it normal to have heavy bleeding if i have sex during periods ?

sometimes after sex while i'm on my period i will bleed a lot like a good 2 cups of blood will just pour out is that normal 30 female sometimes when i have sex on my period afterwards a lot of blood comes out like a good two cups and sometimes after a bath i stand up and a good two cups of blood comes out i was wondering if this was normal
Asked On : Tue, 10 May 2011

its excessive. consult a gynecologist now and find out the pathology.
you may need some blood tests and usg take care
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Bleeding heavily during your periods is possible but you are having excessive bleeding.
There could be a pathology causing this.Get an ultrasound.