Is it normal to have color changes in toes after several months of surgery for metatarsal bone fracture ?

Sept 2010 - fractured my second metatarsol Oct 2010 -- surgery metal plate and pins recently, I have noticed my foot swollen, a purple/blue color, also recently it was a stran ge color of red. In the last few days I have noticed a black/bruised square on the top of my foot. It goes frmo the 3rd toe over to the 1st toe, up to the top of the cut and back down to the 3rd toe. Mainly around where the cut was made. I have been wearing my boot since the weekend and that seems to help. I am planning to go see the surgeon again and see whats going on. Is this normal? Should I still be having problems 7-8 mopnths after the surgery?
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011