Is it normal to have a toe nail grow under another toe nail ?

I have a toenail growing underneath another. The new one is about half-way out. But I noticed that the new one looks a little yellow, just not as yellow as the old one. Also, there was a lot of white stuff at the base of the nail, which i removed. There s also a pinkish dot at the base of the nail. Is all this bad or is it normal?
Asked On : Sat, 28 May 2011
hi..welcome to healthcaremagic
its absolutely normal..what u seeing is a normal growth long as u dont have pain its not a problem..the old one will fall off later..